The eighth module of our JAWS Training for Teachers and AT Instructors is available on our Teaching Resources page. Each module in the series builds upon the last and contains lessons, videos, and a quiz.
What’s In Module 8?
Module 8, provides an overview of setting up a refreshable braille display and introduces you to important features that will benefit you and your students. Learn about:
- Braille options found in the JAWS Startup Wizard
- The Braille Mode combo box
- Braille Study Mode
- Braille Viewer
Module 8 also includes an overview of the Teachers Focus Companion, a quick reference guide for using the Freedom Scientific Focus Blue braille display.
Overview of Previous Modules
The modules leading up to Module 8 offer instruction on many basic JAWS features.
- Module 1 introduces you to the training and shows you how to access JAWS training resources.
- Module 2 covers options for starting JAWS and creating folders.
- Module 3 introduces you to FSReader and shows you how to access the JAWS Basic Training materials.
- Module 4 teaches commands for reading and editing text, plus demonstrates the use of the PC, JAWS, and Virtual PC cursors.
- Module 5 shows you how to get help in JAWS and quickly search for information.
- Module 6 covers applications commonly used in learning environments for practicing typing skills, accessing books, and connecting online.
- Module 7 reviews surfing the internet with JAWS and shows you how to navigate various web page elements.
Visit the table of contents to access all modules, and see the Freedom Scientific Training Center for a complete list of learning resources. We value your feedback, so please fill out the short evaluation form at the end of each module.
Comments are closed.