The seventh module in our JAWS Training for Teachers and AT Instructors is available on our Teaching Resources page. Each module in the series builds upon the last, and contains lessons, videos, and a quiz.
What’s in Module 7?
Module 7, Using Surf’s Up as a Teaching Tool provides a review of surfing the internet with JAWS and shows you how to:
- Navigate Surf’s Up
- Access web page elements
- Navigate web pages
- Use JAWS Navigation Quick Keys
- Fill out forms
- Read tables
This module also includes top 10 tips for teaching your students internet navigation with JAWS.
Overview of Previous Modules
The modules leading up to Module 7 offer instruction on many basic JAWS features.
- Module 1 introduces you to the training and shows you how to access JAWS training resources.
- Module 2 covers options for starting JAWS and folder creation.
- Module 3 introduces you to FSReader and shows you how to access the JAWS Basic Training materials.
- Module 4 teaches commands for reading and editing text, plus demonstrates the use of the PC, JAWS, and Virtual PC cursors.
- Module 5 shows you how to get help in JAWS and quickly search for information.
- Module 6 covers applications commonly used in learning environments for practicing typing skills, accessing books, and connecting online.
Visit the table of contents to access all modules, and see the Freedom Scientific Training Center for a complete list of learning resources. We value your feedback, so please fill out the short evaluation form at the end of each module.