In January 2024, Google will no longer offer Basic HTML View for Gmail. We are providing training to help make the transition from Basic HTML to Standard View easier.
You can now stream or download the entire Gmail training for December, “Ten Tips for Transitioning from Basic HTML View to Standard View in Gmail with JAWS parts 1 and 2.”
What We Cover
In the first part of this training, we provide an overview of the Gmail Standard View interface, provide benefits of using Standard View, and discuss techniques for navigation. Topics include:
- When to use the JAWS Virtual PC and PC Cursors
- How to access Settings and turn on Gmail keyboard commands
- Use keyboard commands to access labels, messages, and more
- Access a list of available Gmail keyboard commands
- Access Gmail resources from Google
We’ll also define Gmail terminology like labels, conversations, smart replies, and nudges.
In part 2, we dive deeper into the Gmail interface, and show you how to:
- Navigate and read messages
- Compose, reply to, and forward messages
- Navigate and create labels
- Move, copy, and delete messages
- Search for messages
- Attach files
- Download and open attachments
- Empty the trash
- Turn Conversation View on/off
- Show/hide the Side Panel
Also visit Google’s new guide for transitioning from Basic HTML to Standard View for screen reader users for additional details. Have questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.