The third module in our JAWS training series for teachers and AT instructors is now posted on our Teachers’ Resources page. Each module in the series is comprised of task-based lessons, videos, and a quiz. Each new module builds upon the last, with a new one added at the end of every month.
Overview of Previous Modules
Module One introduces you to the training and provides valuable resources. Learn how to:
- Empower your students who are blind or low vision.
- Navigate the Freedom Scientific Online Training Center.
- Access JAWS training in DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) format.
- Access the Freedom Scientific online webinars and recorded archives.
- Watch training videos on the Freedom Scientific YouTube Training Channel.
- Locate accessible typing tutors and teach students basic document navigation.
Module Two includes:
- Options for starting JAWS
- How to use the JAWS Startup Wizard
- How to create folders
What’s in Module Three?
Module Three, Using FSReader and the JAWS Basic Training, introduces you to FSReader and shows you how to:
- Navigate the JAWS Basic Training in FSReader
- Play/pause content in FSReader
- Use bookmarks in FSReader
- Search for text in FSReader
- Download and install JAWS Basic Training materials
- Explore the training Table of Contents
Visit the table of contents to get started, and see the Freedom Scientific Training page for a complete list of learning resources. We value your feedback, so please fill out the short evaluation form at the end of each module.
If you have questions, leave a comment on this post or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.