Are you looking for ways to navigate and read textbooks? Need help accessing digital book platforms? Join us on Thursday, August 18 at noon Eastern time for a live webinar, “Back to School with Freedom Scientific, Access Digital Textbooks with JAWS.”
About Digital Books
Digital books, also called electronic books (eBooks), are documents converted to a digital format and accessed via a computer or mobile device. These formats may be proprietary or specific to devices such as a Kindle. They may also be common file types like PDF or DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) books. Digital books provide screen reader users access to textbooks, user manuals, and library books for use at school, work, and play.
What We’ll Cover
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Access and navigate DAISY books using FSReader
- Search for and access Kindle books using the Kindle App for PC
- Search for and download books on Bookshare
- Access library books with OverDrive
- Search for National Library Service (NLS) books on the Braille and Audio Reading Downloads (BARD) website and use the BARD Express app
- Access books from Learning Ally
Register for this webinar to learn about several digital book formats and how to access them. ACVREP credits will be available for those who attend the live webinar.
Can’t attend? We archive all webinars on our Webinars On Demand page.
Have questions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.