Are you looking for a portable video magnifier to read letters, labels, and magazine articles with ease? Want a handheld device with full-page OCR that will read printed material aloud? Join us Thursday, November 11 at noon Eastern time for a live webinar on the RUBY 10 Speech.
What is the RUBY 10 Speech?
The RUBY 10 Speech is the newest addition to the Freedom Scientific RUBY family of video magnifiers. It includes a 10-inch touch screen and three dedicated cameras for many purposes, depending on whether the stand and swing-out arm are open or closed:
- Keep the stand closed to spot objects, holding the device while you shop or when you want to view distant objects.
- Open the stand to magnify reading material or photos that you place beneath the device.
- Extend the swing-out arm and open the stand to scan and read full pages, write letters, or sign documents.
What We’ll Cover
Join Mike Wood and Michelle Williams as they provide an overview of RUBY 10 Speech, describe its benefits, and demonstrate useful features. Learn how to:
- Update the visual display settings to accommodate light sensitivity or color blindness.
- Maximize comfort during long-term use by changing how bright colors are presented and dynamically adjusting and normalizing the contrast in images.
- Improve object recognition by smoothing edges, highlighting edges, or displaying edges only.
- Display and/or listen to help text for any button or control displayed on the touch screen.
Register for this webinar to learn how you can benefit from the RUBY® HD. All attendees over 18 years of age and living in the U.S. will have the opportunity to win a RUBY HD handheld magnifier; one lucky attendee will be selected and notified via email after the webinar.
ACVREP credits will be available for those who attend the live webinar. Can’t attend? We will archive this webinar on the Freedom Scientific Webinars On Demand page. If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com.