After an incredibly successful Public Beta, Fusion Suite 2024 is now officially released! Fusion Suite refers to the Freedom Scientific software products JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion. A shout-out to all who took part in our Beta program—thank you for helping us bring state-of-the-art enhancements and amazing features that will benefit all who use this new software upgrade.
Experience New Features
New features of Fusion Suite 2024 include:
- Face in View: This new feature in JAWS and Fusion helps you focus your camera before participating in a video call. JAWS enables you to modify the camera image to center your face, look directly at the camera, ensure adequate lighting, and add or leave out other people or items in the view.
- Split Braille: This JAWS feature enables you to split a line of content on your braille display into two halves, one on each side of the display. This feature enables you to view content from two different applications or locations, such as buffered text and annotations. Two vertical lines between the two halves separate the content.
- Inverted Mouse Pointer Scheme: This ZoomText and Fusion feature inverts the pointer and background colors, making the pointer easier to locate. For example, when moving the mouse pointer over a black background, the pointer will turn white, providing the contrast you need to locate the pointer while the text remains visible.
- Single Wedge Cursor Enhancement: This new ZoomText and Fusion feature displays a single triangle below the cursor, making the cursor easier to locate.
Download Fusion Suite 2024
To download and install JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion 2024, follow these steps on a computer connected to the internet:
- Select any of the following links to automatically download the software update: JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion.
Note: Optionally, visit the Freedom Scientific website and locate these links under “Software Releases.”
- Save the setup file to a location where you can easily locate it (for example, your Downloads folder).
- Put the focus on the setup file, and press ENTER to run it.
- Follow the installation instructions that are displayed. The language automatically matches that of your operating system.
Note: If you are running the latest version of Fusion Suite 2023 and automatic updates are enabled, you may receive a notification that Fusion Suite 2024 is available. You can start the download and installation process from that notification.
Our User Education and Outreach team offers outstanding resources for learning your Freedom Scientific software in our Training Center, which includes videos, FAQs, and instructions for getting started. Watch this blog and check out the Freedom Scientific Training schedule page for news of upcoming live training webinars and other events. For questions, email us at Training@vispero.com.