The second module in our JAWS training series for teachers and AT instructors has been posted. Visit our teaching resources page to access valuable resources and gain skills for teaching JAWS.
Each module includes task-based lessons, video demonstrations, and a quiz to test your knowledge. A new module is added at the end of each month.
Overview of Module One
Module One introduces you to the training and available resources. Topics include:
- Empower your students who are blind or low vision.
- Navigate the Freedom Scientific Online Training Center.
- Access JAWS training in DAISY format.
- Access the Freedom Scientific online webinars and recorded archives.
- Watch training videos on the Freedom Scientific YouTube Training Channel.
- Locate accessible typing tutors and teach students basic document navigation.
What’s in Module Two?
Module Two, Creating a Shortcut Key, Starting JAWS, and Creating or Renaming Folders, builds upon the first module. You will learn:
- Options for starting JAWS
- How to use the JAWS Startup Wizard
- How to create folders
Visit the Table of Contents to get started, and see the Freedom Scientific Training page for a complete list of learning resources. Your feedback is very important to us, so please fill out the short evaluation form at the end of each module.
If you have questions, leave a comment on this post or send an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.