Want to know how to gather information about an open application? Need to refresh your screen or restore JAWS settings? Join us Thursday, February 16 at noon Eastern time for a live webinar, “When JAWS Does the Unexpected: Top Five Troubleshooting Tips.”
What We’ll Cover
We’ll provide troubleshooting tips for gathering information about applications, managing settings, restarting JAWS, and contacting Technical Support. Learn how to:
- Virtualize a control or window to gather information or copy error messages.
- Use JAWS Speech History to review and copy information spoken by JAWS.
- Enable the telemetry feature in the Startup Wizard
- Restore JAWS factory settings to clear manually configured settings or custom-imported settings from a previous release of JAWS.
- Manually shut down JAWS when an issue occurs.
- Refresh the screen.
- Unlock the Focus Braille Display.
- Contact Technical Support.
- Use the FS Support Tool located in JAWS Help.
Beginning with this webinar, we will use the polling feature in Zoom. This feature enables us to collect important demographic information about which products you use and how you use them so we can create training more targeted to your needs. To interact with the polling questions in Zoom:
- You will receive a notification once the poll is launched in Zoom and the questions are displayed. JAWS will read this notification.
- Press the TAB key to navigate through the content, which includes the name of the poll, the questions, and the answers.
- Radio buttons are used for questions where only one answer can be selected. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to navigate to and select a radio button.
- Checkboxes are used for questions that can have more than one answer. Press the TAB key to navigate to each checkbox, and press the SPACEBAR to select it.
- Press ENTER on the Submit button to submit your answers.
Pressing ESC will navigate away from the poll and place focus in the Zoom webinar window. Should this occur accidentally, press F6 to return to the poll.
Register for this webinar to learn ways of troubleshooting with JAWS. ACVREP credits will be available to those who attend the live webinar.
Can’t attend? We archive all webinars on our Webinars On Demand page.
Have questions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.